CONTACT ME FOR A FREE MEET-AND-GREET LESSON!
HOUSE CALLS AVAILABLE!
ALL AGES! ALL LEVELS!
Contact me by leaving a “Comment” at the bottom of the page—your information and message will remain private
SEE MY REVIEWS ON YELP:
We create YOUR own goals to play and learn the music you LIKE! House calls are available, and keeping it fun is important! Age 5 and up (including adults), ALL levels, ALL genres. Plus, create your own music!
John Mark has 30 years of experience, and has been with many students for 5-10 years. Music has been in John Mark’s entire life, from going to church as a kid, to being in jazz band, to playing recitals in Europe, to advanced music degrees.
At John Mark Piano, people know that he can mesh with any student. He teaches them on their level, which keeps it fun and keeps it progressing. I can teach students who have limited time to practice, but I can also help advanced students practice for auditions. I believe music can be learned from many paths, not just the traditional or competitive ones.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT John Mark’s PIANO TEACHING:
“…has more compassion than other teachers.” -Lynn Zhou, La Jolla
“…can be meshed with anyone…maintains a “good sportsmanship” approach.” -Johnna Janis, Point Loma
“…renewed my desire for playing.” -Elaine Lewis, La Mesa
“…communicating with his student in a caring way has enhanced the learning experience.” -Lara Wuhrmann, La Jolla
“…showing me both the discipline and whimsy of proficient and enjoyable piano playing. JM’s substantive knowledge of music history adds further depth to my lessons, which are often colored with anecdotes about a composer’s life. It is this eclectic blend of lessons with JM that make him an inspiring piano teacher and one who adds great dimension to my life. ” -Ronda Schreiber, Poway
“John Mark has taught all three of my children..he incorporates a wide variety of music appealing to my kids’ varied tastes. I’m impressed by their level of proficiency, and look forward to hours of musical pleasure ahead.” -Jennifer Anklesaria, Del Mar
“…his feedback is always positive and helpful…I would recommend him wholeheartedly to any piano student.” -Diana Vines, La Jolla
PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF John Mark’s STUDENTS:
- A private student was accepted for a Masters in Theory/Composition at Musik Akademie
- A private student has recently accepted a full music scholarship to USC
- A private student at University of California, San Diego continued as private student and won San Diego Music Awards Best Jazz Album in 2009An Honors student at San Diego City College received a full scholarship as a piano major to University of San Diego
- An Honors student at San Diego City College continued as private student and received a scholarship to Florida International University, Miami
- Another private student at University of California, San Diego continued as private student and won third prize in the La Jolla Symphony Concerto Competition
- One private student won Best Musician at a local high school band festival
- A private student at University of California, San Diego continued as a private student and was accepted to the graduate music program, University of California, Santa Barbara
- A private student at University of California, San Diego was accepted to the graduate music program, Peabody Conservatory